Swatch n Compare: Anastasia Brow Wiz vs Urban Decay Brow Beater

Saturday 9 April 2016

160403-001

I've been using the Anastasia Brow Wiz for about 9 months and have been really enjoying it but when it comes to brow products I have quite the wandering eye so when I finally remembered to swatch the Urban Decay brow pencil in store at Mecca earlier this year, it came home with me and I've been meaning to do this swatch n compare ever since.

160403-002
Anastasia Brow Wiz in Dark Brown (left) and Urban Decay Brow Beater in Dark (Right)

Colourwise, they are so so similar that if I couldn't get a hold of one, I could easily sub in the other and you'd never know. In some lighting the Anastasia looks a hair darker and the UD looks a little warmer but it really comes down to the amount of pressure applied and how much I fill my brows in on any given day. For instance in the pics below I filled in a little more with the UD so it looks a tiny bit darker but above in the swatches where I made roughly the same number of passes to build the colour for each swatch, the Anastasia looks a tiny bit darker. The only real difference between them is the Anastasia pencil is slightly waxier in texture so it does help keep my brow shape a little though for long days I still prefer to use a brow gel as well, and the Urban Decay is somewhat dry by comparison and does nothing to hold my brow hairs so a brow gel is a must rather than an option.

160403-003
Bare eyebrow

160403-004
Anastasia Brow Wiz in Dark Brown

160403-005
Urban Decay Brow Beater in Dark

 
The packaging is basically the same though the brush on the UD Brow Beater is much stiffer. As for bang for your buck, the Anastasia Brow Wiz retails for $38 at Sephora Australia, $39 at Ry.com.au and ~$28 at BeautyBay.com and you get 0.085g. Mecca has exclusive rights to Urban Decay in Australia and the Brow Beater sells for $36 but you only get 0.05g of product.
 
As they are both the same colour, my pick is the Anastasia Brow Wiz for its texture and better value so once these are both done I won't be revisiting the Brow Beater and will pick up another Brow Wiz. But that's not to say that I won't stray again, brow floozy that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment