Empties #6

Thursday 4 February 2016

This year I’m going to try posting my empties monthly so they aren’t so big. January usually finds me cleaning out and tidying my bathroom cabinets and vanity so this month’s empties include some things that just needed to go.

20160204-001
January

Products I’ve finished:
* Philosophy Full of Promise Dual-Action Restoring Cream for Volume and Lift – I loved this as a rich night moisturiser and would definitely repurchase it but they have recently discontinued it, apparently there is a new line being launched early this year that is supposed to replace it. [Edited: actually it hasn't been discontinued, its just no longer part of the line in Australia (bugger!) and is still available in the US.]
* Rexona Biorythm Dry Anti-Perspirant Deodorant – This was my last one of these as the whole line as changed. I liked the scent and would have repurchased it if I could.
* Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Dry Shampoo – I hated this, hated the scent, hated the way it made my hair feel, hated that it was a poor dry shampoo and was better off being used as a texturising spray as long as you don’t mind a white cast with your texture. I reviewed this here and will not repurchase.
* Dr Brandt Dark Circles Away, sample – I’m still on the hunt for a new eye cream and the sales assistant at Mecca recommended this. It has a slight tint which helps fade the circles a bit. It reminds me of Garnier Anti-Dark Circles Roll-On with less pigment so I’m not sure if it will be worth the money. I’m on the fence about buying until I can research it more.
* Kiehl’s Youth Regenerating Cream with Rare “Resurrection Flower”, sample – I was given this to try as a replacement for the Philosophy Full of Promise and I really liked it, it’s rich yet absorbed well with a slight botanical fragrance that doesn’t linger. I’ll be buying this next to use as my night moisturiser.
* Smartskin Scented Facial Wipes – these are great value for the price ($1 when on sale), they works really well at removing my makeup and I’ll keep repurchasing.
* L’oreal Revitalift Laser x3 Day Anti-Aging Power Moisturiser, sample sachet – still working my way through the samples I started on last month in place of my night moisturiser until I can buy a new night cream. As I’ve said before they’re nothing special and the more I use it the less I like the scent. I would not buy this in full size.

Products I’m chucking:
* Avon Perfect Wear Total Coverage Concealer in Medium and in Neutral – I bought these when I first started getting into makeup thinking the coverage would mean they would be good for my dark circles but they’re cakey and settle into every line. I tried a few times to use them as spot concealers but they’re difficult to blend and the colour doesn’t match properly, plus they’re almost 5 years old and I forgot I even had them sitting in the back of a draw so it’s no surprise they’ve dried out. Will not repurchase and would not recommend.
* Benefit Erase Paste in Medium – I have used about half of this and while the pigmentation is decent and the colour correcting is ideal, it’s far too emollient and I just CANNOT set it and it continues to migrate throughout the day. It still smells fine and hasn’t dried out but its 3 years old and I’m not keeping it around any longer in the hope that I’ll figure out how to apply/set/magic it on so it stays where I put it. Won’t be repurchasing.
* Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner – I’m just not into liquid liner as I prefer to tightline to save on lid space on my hooded eyes but aside from that this wasn’t very black, came off looking kinda watery and the felt tip only absorbed so much product meaning I had to go back into the wand a few times and also tap tap my way along my lashline which didn’t make for the straightest of lines. It also flakes off so not going to bother with it anymore and won’t be repurchasing.
* Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Plus Nail Polish in Sweet Tulip – It’s almost all gone and it’s thickened up too much to continue using. I did use this as a base coat and it worked reasonably but I wouldn’t repurchase it.
* Natio Ageless Hydrating Mask – This was ineffective as a mask and not at all hydrating – it actually dried unevenly within the 10 minutes you’re supposed to leave it on for and made my face feel uncomfortably tight. And worse, I felt the need to rewash my face after using this. It’s old and needs to go as I can’t bring myself to keep using it. I would not repurchase.

I think that’s my theme for this year, if I’m not using it its gotta go. A very cleansing thought and a hell of an ingrained habit to break but the clutter has got to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment