Use It Or Lose It - 2016 Product Purge

Sunday 23 April 2017

Untitled
green – keeping, yellow – finished, red – throwing out

So back here I began my product cull to tidy my makeup stash with the idea that if I wasn’t regularly using them by December they were going in the bin. I had 39 makeup products that I wanted to concentrate on which I kept in a little basket next to my vanity table that I tried to dip into in an effort to use them and it worked for some items. I managed to use up 13 of them and decided to rotate 4 back into my stash which I’m concentrating on using up as I’ve already earmarked a few products to buy to replace them when they’re gone. And while I was reassessing my stash I decided to add in a bunch of makeup I forgot I had which I have no intention using again.

So this is what’s getting binned…

Untitled

* Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow pots in Audacious Asphalt, Bad to the Bronze, Electric Blue, Pomegranate Punk, and Inked in Pink. I really hate the pot packaging and haven’t bought any other pot cream eyeshadows since buying these but of these five I didn’t mind Bad to the Bronze and Pomegranate Punk. I got hardly any use out of the other three and they’re all drying out now anyway.
* Nyx Rouge Cream Blush in Glow and Natural. They’re really old and I’m not into cream blushes as I find powder doesn’t disrupt the concealer covering my melasma like a cream blush does.
* Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in Parisian Passion. Another one from a subscription box. I just don’t use liquid lipsticks or glosses and to be honest I’m not a fan of Revlon.
* Nyx Lipgloss in Whipped, Pinky Natural, Peach, Apricot and Natural. They’re ancient and I don’t wear lipgloss.
* Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencils in Milk and Iced Mocha (which I depotted years ago into the pot next to the Color Tattoo’s in the pic above). These crease like a mofo so I never use them.
* L’oreal Color Riche Matte Lipstick in Erotique. Got it in a subscription box and I don’t like it. Enough said.
* Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Mauve. It's old, I don’t ever wear it and... I'm not a fan of Revlon.
* Garnier Anti-Dark Circle Roll-On. This way too old and way to thin for my needs.
* Nyx Lipstick in Pure Nude, Indian Pink, Darling, Ceto, Chambord, Hebe, Mars, Thalia, Perfect, Milan, Frappucino and B52. I can’t get past the mineral oil feel in these and they’re really old so out they go.
* Blistex Ultra Lip Balm SPF 30+. Very greasy feeling, doesn’t sink in and wears off in 2 seconds. I really like the Blistex pot, you know the one that bites, but this was just crap.
* Avon Lipstick in Juicy Apricot. I don’t mind the colour of this but it’s really drying on my lips so I struggle to use it.
* Nyx Long Lip Pencils in Natural, Auburn, Mauve and Deep Purple. I have a lot of lip liners which I just don’t use but I like. These I don’t even like.
* Nude By Nature Mineral Brow Liner in Brunette. This is way too red for me but unfortunately I wasn’t able to swatch it instore as Priceline didn’t have a tester. Truthfully, if it wasn’t heavily on sale at the time I would never have picked it up anyway.
* Revlon Colorstay Shadow Links Eyeshadows in Bone (Matte) and Taupe (Satin). These have no colour in them at all. Sigh. Revlon.
* Mary Kay True Dimension Lipstick in Color Me Coral (sample). It's old and didn’t impress.

Total of 39 and I’m quite happy to see them go. I really need to go through my depotted eyeshadows as there are so many that I pass on time and time again so maybe that can be a focus for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment