Empties #14

Wednesday 19 April 2017

I’m trying to catch up, really I am. Not too many for the end of last year but I did manage to finish a few of my use it or lose it products. I’ll do a proper purge in another post but here’s my empties for the tail end of 2016. 

Untitled

November’s empties
* Maybelline Stylish Smokes Eyeshadow Quad in 02Q Natural Smokes, cream colour only –  I used this matte cream colour as a base all over my eye after applying primer. It’s not particularly pigmented but worked well enough. The rest of the quad is a huge disappointment though – the taupe colour (top right) is beautiful but there is NO pigmentation, the crease colour below it has the same pigmentation problems and the huge matte dark brown just didn’t get any use from me. Won’t be finishing the rest and won’t buying this again.
* Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM – I literally used every last drop of this. I’m a bit suspicious that the potency may have reduced towards the end but then again it’s been open for more than a year and for a light sensitive product that’s to be as expected. I used this as a treatment at night without anything else except eye cream and have since bought a replacement bottle - def repurchase.
* L’oreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Shampoo – I bought this with the conditioner hoping that along with the serum they might actually work together but nope. This shampoo, whether used alone or with either or both of the other two Fibrology products, doesn’t add any volume or thickness. It does smell lovely though but even so I won’t be repurchasing this.
* muk Hot Muk Thermal Protector – I think I may have actually finished this sometime in October. Regardless my opinion didn’t change between finishing the other one last March and this one – it still weighs my hair down undoing any volumising I might achieve with the upside down blow drying and volumising products so still a non-repurchase for me.
* Garnier Clean Sensitive 2 in 1 Gentle Make-Up Remover – finished another one and still loving it. Just waiting for the next sale and I’ll basically buy out the shelf to make sure I have enough for the year. What’s that you say? A little paranoid that Garnier will discontinue this too? Darn right you are. Paranoid but stocked!

Untitled

December’s empties
* OGX Moisture and Vitamin B5 Shampoo – A nice enough scent but I didn’t feel it did anything special. It cleans well but isn’t one I’d pay full price for. Not sure if I’d repurchase.
* OGX Rejuvenating Cherry Blossom Ginseng Shampoo – This is the original formula which I loved – I’m yet to try the new formula but I know that it is clear where this was a milky colour. Absolutely love the scent of this shampoo and it cleans really well. Not sure if it added much volume but it left my hair feeling lovely and soft. Have already repurchased it.
* Rexona Invisible Dry Aqua Anti-Perspirant Deodorant – I much prefer the scent of this to the Black and White version and it worked quite well as an anti-perspirant without leaving white marks on my clothes so will repurchase.
* Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask, deluxe sample – My toddler got into this and used about half of it as a hair/face mask but what I did manage to use on me, on the odd occasion that I needed to sooth irritated skin, seemed to work quite well. I’m tempted to get it again but I’m in no hurry at the moment – maybe in winter.
* Batiste Blush Dry Shampoo – Yet another scent of my favourite dry shampoo – a pleasant floral which I have bought before and will buy again.
* Palmer’s Olive Oil Formula Clean Scent Dry Shampoo Tinted for Brown to Black Hair – I don’t mind the scent of this but I wasn’t too impressed with the formula. The tint is great and is pigmented enough to also help mask my greys a little too if I’ve been lazy in colouring my roots but it just doesn’t help with making my hair look less greasy on day 2. It doesn’t ‘refresh’ my hair and barely ‘absorbs excess oil’ and I definitely can’t get a day 3 hair day out of it. I wasn’t happy with it and won’t be repurchasing this one.
* Garnier Bodytonic Sugar Scrub – I use this in the shower on my chest and belly/thigh stretch marks to help scrub my skin (I’m prone to sebaceous cysts on my chest) and massage my stretchmarks. I love the scent as its reminiscent of a day spa and I had forgotten about it for some months there but am enjoying using it again and will repurchase.
* Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara – I was sceptical due to the hype surrounding this cult favourite but bought one on a whim and I freakin love this! It’s got a dense bristle brush which grabs all my lashes and combs and separates them as it coats them and the formula is most definitely volumising. It’s a slightly drier formula than my other favourite (Maybelline Colossal) but this doesn’t dry any further over time and I actually used the whole thing up. It gives gorgeous dramatic lashes that on me look like I’m wearing false lashes and doesn’t clump or flake off. Again – love it! Have already repurchased.
* Beauty Essentials Round Cotton Pads, Priceline Brand, 100 pack – 4th one I finished in 2016 and a staple in my bathroom. Will continue to repurchase these.

So that makes 153 empties for the year – 110 full sized products and 43 samples. I originally started tracking my empties in an attempt to be mindful of what I have and to use them but also to remind myself whether I actually did like using a product as I’ve been caught out in the past rebuying things I don’t like because I didn’t recognise it in new packaging or I forgot that it didn’t work for me. I’d love to say that over the years I’ve been able to clear space in my bathroom cabinet but in truth I've simply managed to clear out the stuff I didn’t like which made room for me to buy a bunch of new products which I’m still slowly working my way through. Whatever, it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment