Empties #12

Thursday 4 August 2016

Untitled


A few more Use It Or Lose It products gone which I’m quite happy about. Here’s what I finished up in July...

* OGX Anti-Breakage Keratin Oil Shampoo – I didn’t use this frequently enough to see if it was having a major impact on my hair but it did feel very moisturising which I think has more to do with the Argon oil in it rather than the Keratin. Not sure if I would buy it again.

* Rexona Motion Sense Anti-Perspirant in Delicious – the scent of this was OK but I don’t really like peach and I wouldn’t repurchase it just for that reason.

* Pantene Light Detangling Spray Leave-In Conditioner – I don’t really like this but it seems like no one makes detangling sprays anymore so when I bought it there wasn’t much else available. This leaves my hair feeling weighed down and brings on the oilies even when I use it only at the very tips of my hair so I won’t repurchase, especially as I’ve finally found another one I like (yay Palmer’s).

* Batiste Marrakech Dry Shampoo – this had a very heavy Rosemary scent which I like on my lamb roast but not on my head so while it works well as a dry shampoo, I won’t be repurchasing this scent.

* Beauty Essentials Round Cotton Pads, Priceline Brand – still my preferred cotton round and I’ve learnt my lesson – I’ve been stocking up whenever I see it in store.

* The Face Shop Avocado Sheet Mask – I don’t really feel this did much in terms of moisturising but I’m trying to get into the habit of masking so practicing with these cheap ones lets me try the technique to see if it’s for me. I won’t repurchase the Avocado but I have quite a few others to try out that I bought at the same time.

* BYS Auto Lip Lining Pencil in 04 First Kiss – I really liked the colour of this but the formula is awful. It’s very drying and has no lasting power plus there’s no way to sharpen it so I won’t be buying these lip liners again.

* NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Light 6, Ceylon, sample – this mixed with Fiji is a perfect match for my winter skin tone and I’ve already bought a full size. Loving it.

* Alpha-H Gentle Daily Exfoliant with Papaya and Pineapple – I’ve had this for a couple of years now and initially used it as it directs, ie pour the powder into your palm and mix to a paste with a little water then apply, but I hated how fiddly it was and it didn’t cleanse anything so I had to use it after cleansing which added another step to my morning routine which I just don’t have time for. In the end I wound mix it in with my gel cleanser to simply use it up. And after all that it didn’t exfoliate worth a damn no matter which way I used it and I hate the process so I won’t be repurchasing this.

* Garnier UltraLift Day Cream with SPF 15 – I’ve been using this as my day moisturiser for years but lately I’m finding it’s just not as hydrating as I need now so I’m going to have to keep an eye out for a replacement while I work my way through my backup.

This roundup seems quite negative again but I’m actually pretty happy to have these done as they’ve made way for some products that I’m really enjoying at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment