A few new lovelies

Sunday 31 July 2016

Untitled

A small collective haul from my last few shopping trips. Some of these I’ve been eyeing off for a while now and others were opportunity buys, i.e. a sale was on that I couldn’t pass up or it was finally back in stock so I grabbed it while I could.

MAC Extra Dimension Eyeshadow in Stolen Moment – this is described as a dark taupe by MAC but I can also see a hint of a mauve in it. I haven’t tried it wet yet but worn dry the colour is easy to sheer out or build up without any fallout. When I first saw it I thought the shimmer would be too glaring and over the top on my aging eyes but it translates as a subtle shimmer that intensifies the more you build the colour but is still super wearable for an everyday eye look.

MAC Lustre Lipstick in Shy Shine – I love the peachy colour of MAC Patisserie but the gold glitter in it, which you can’t really see while you’re wearing it, can get a little out of hand with multiple reapplications and is really noticeable when the lippy wears off so I’ve been on the hunt for a similar colour without the glitter. Enter Shy Shine which is a tiny bit pinker with more of a shimmer shine finish but on my lips the colour is almost identical minus the annoying sparkle. A lovely understated colour to add to my collection of wearable pretty lips.

NARS Radiance Enhancing Pro-Prime Light Optimizing Primer – I realize this is supposed to be a radiance primer but I couldn’t give two hoots about its glowy skin attributes (though I admit it does impart a lovely subtle glow without the glitter effect). I use it because it leaves my skin with just the right amount of a ‘dry-tacky’ feel with tangible grip that holds my foundation in place almost the whole day, especially around the sides of my mouth and chin where my foundation usually creases or disappears altogether. I am still on the hunt for something that does a better job of smoothing over my pores tho.

L’oreal Le Blush True Match in 145 Rosewood – this is a lovely neutral peachy rose with a fine sheen that gives a delicate glow without accentuating my pores. It’s nicely pigmented and blends out easily leaving a very pretty natural flush along my cheeks that makes me look healthy and awake. Loving it so far and it’s so wearable that I can see myself reaching for it year round.

MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush – I have been wanting a particular sized angled natural hair blush brush for quite a while now but most of the ones out there are too large for my small face. Though this is called a ‘Large’ brush it’s actually smaller than a lot of other similar shaped brushes and is the perfect size to deposit just the right sized splotch of blush and then it blends out the edges beautifully. At $65 it certainly wasn’t cheap but its worth it in my book. I’m in love.

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Ceylon (Light 6) plus a Foundation Pump – I love the Sheer Glow in Fiji but it’s too dark for me at the moment at the height of winter. I trialled mixing Fiji with both Deauville (Light4) and Ceylon (Light6) and found the yellower undertone of Ceylon suited me better so I went ahead and bought it along with another pump.

L’oreal Nude Magique Cushion Dewy Glow Foundation in 07 Golden Beige – I bought this solely to have a touch up product in my handbag to fix any foundation creasing or fading which is really becoming a problem in the really cold dry winter we’re having at the moment. The colour match is perfect for my winter skin and I just tap it on with my fingers (I don’t bother with the sponge) where I need it and it sets nicely without needing a powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment