Today's slap #3

Sunday 20 March 2016

Untitled

A few weeks ago I was digging into my Use It Or Lose It basket and found the Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain I received in my last Marie Claire Parcel which I still hadn't tried. With nowhere important to go I put together a fairly neutral look (my standard MO) and gave it a whirl.

The Inglot Under Makeup Base is one of the first primers I ever bought and this one is my third tube so I've been pretty happy with it over the years. Pure silicone, I like to think of it as spakfilla for my pores and wrinkles. I apply a thin layer across my cheeks, the sides of my nose, around my mouth and chin, and across my forehead then apply NARS Sheer Glow in Fiji. Then some strategic placement of NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard under my eyes and across the top of my cheekbones to cover my melasma which I then set with By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder. I also set my T-zone with a light dusting of Revlon Colorstay Translucent Powder.
 
Brows are next with another product I'm trying to use up as it's too soft for my liking - Rimmel Brow Pencil in 004 Black Brown which I top with Maybelline Brow Drama in Medium Brown. Onto the eyes next with the Face of Australia Primer and then a quick base layer of Wet'n'Wild Brulee which was really on its last legs when I took this photo. A little colour with MAC Shale on the lid and MAC Wedge in the crease, then a tidy under my brows with the pale cream shade in the Maybelline Natural Smokes Quad. I added some depth to my lashline with Bobbi Brown Long Wear Eye Pencil in Black Plum on my upper waterline and finished the eyes with a coat of Benefit They're Real mascara on the top lashes.
 
Just a touch of colour on the face with NYX Blush in Peach (which isn't a peach but a soft pink) and Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer to give me shape then onto the lips. As a person who doesn't really gravitate towards stains or glosses, I wanted to play it safe with a barrier of sorts so I applied Revlon's Ultra HD Lipstick in Petunia and blotted off the shine. I then dabbed a little of the Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in Parisian Passion on the centre of my lip and when I didn't hate it, went ahead and applied it all over. I must say I was really surprised by the texture, expecting it to be much stickier and more of a nuisance to wear but it was really comfortable and the colour wasn't anywhere as vampy as it looks in the tube so it was quite wearable. I usually never post pics of myself but here's the finished look...

Untitled

A safe trial on the whole but I really liked the way it turned out and might need to rethink my Use It Or Lose classification of the Moisture Stain. It's in my handbag at any rate so the real test will be whether I actually use it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment